One of my guilty food pleasures has got to be a good burger and chunky chips!
I have played around with tons of different ingredients and recipes and this has to be the best and easiest one yet!! And better still, it’s healthy – only 160 or so calories!!
- 1 small red onion
- 3 gloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- slat and peppper
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- Put all the ingredients in a food prossors and bland until the mix is fairly smooth – I like to hold a few chickpeas back and add them towards the end to get a mix of textures.
- This creates a thick and fairly wet mix. I find it easier shape the patties on a flour work top with floured hands, sprinkle a little flour on the top so it doesn’t stick to the pan
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a pan and fry 3mins on each side until golden brown
This burger in a wholemeal pitta with sour cream and sliced avocado is heavenly!!!